Our Los Angeles car accident attorneys never charge a fee, if you’ve been injured – unless we’re able to win your case. There are no upfront fees, and our attorneys are available 24/7. If you’ve been severely injured, our personal injury attorneys in Los Angeles can even come to you – at your place of business, your home, or even the hospital. We’ve recovered ten’s of millions of dollars, and can help you too.
Getting in a car accident is a scary and difficult time for everyone, but when you’re not the driver at fault, it can add even more unnecessary stress to your life. We like to believe that other drivers on the road are doing whatever they can to keep other drivers safe. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case.
Drivers can make mistakes, act careless, and make poor decisions behind the wheel. If you are on the other end of those negligent acts, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against that person. But if you want to file a personal injury claim for your car accident, there are a few things you will need to do to prepare.
To get the most compensation for a car accident, here are a few steps you should take.
When Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney?
When you’re in a car accident, it is natural to want someone else to blame. If you’ve been injured and your car has been damaged because of the careless acts of another driver, you may be tempted to point fingers and demand compensation.
However, not all car accidents will fit the requirements for a personal injury claim. In order to have a legitimate case, you must have suffered severe injuries, have expensive medical bills, or have a significant amount of lost wages or loss of income because of the injuries you sustained in the car accident.
There are many damages and injuries that may come from a car accident. Unfortunately, many of those injuries can have extremely serious and even life threatening consequences. You will want the help of a car accident attorney when working on your case to improve your chances of winning and receiving maximum compensation.
Why Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
A car accident attorney can help argue on your behalf against the big insurance providers and companies who may be trying to pay you less than you deserve. Because insurance companies want to pay as little as possible in settlements and claims, they often try to offer low settlements when victims are most vulnerable.
Many insurance companies will try to approach car accident victims while they are still in the hospital to offer them a settlement. For victims who have never been in a car accident before or who have never had a personal injury case before, the settlement amount that they offer may seem like a good deal.
Unfortunately, this number is rarely the complete amount that you could get. It does not consider things like future medical bills, pain and suffering, and the additional expenses you may have while trying to get healthy again.
A Bucks County Car Accident Attorney can negotiate with the major insurance companies to get you the right settlement for your case. By comparing your case with similar cases and settlement packages, you can rest assured knowing you are well taken care of and will get all the money that you’re entitled to.
Compensation Received from Car Accident Personal Injury Cases
Like other forms of personal injury cases, you can receive compensation in various forms. The kind and amount of compensation you will get will depend on the injuries that you have, how serious those injuries are, and what other expenses you may have.
Here is a brief overview of the various kinds of compensation often associated with car accident cases.
- Medical Expenses: Your settlement will cover your medical expenses, bills, and treatment costs. In addition to covering your present medical bills, you will want enough compensation that you can afford any additional treatments or doctors visits that may come in the years ahead.For some individuals, this number can be quite high. If you have sustained a severe injury or a permanent disability, you may have consistent doctors visits for many years or even the rest of your life. The amount you get in compensation should cover those expenses.
- Lost Wages: If you have serious injuries following a car accident, you’ve probably needed to take some time off of work. When you’re away from your position, this can drastically cut back on your income and the way cash is flowing into your household.Your compensation package should cover the wages that you lost during recovery. This may also include the lost wages from days you’ve needed to visit the doctor or time you’ve needed to take off because of appointments.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: Depending on the type of job you held before your accident, your injuries may cause you to lose potential earnings. If your injuries prevent you from returning to your job or stops you from advancing in your industry, you may also get compensation for loss of earning capacity.Because you cannot clearly define how much you have lost in the future, a car accident attorney can help formulate an argument for your potential.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering is another area that you may be able to receive a high amount of compensation. Because pain and suffering takes into consideration the emotional damage caused by the accident, it can be difficult to put a true monetary value on it.Just like loss of earning capacity, it is best to allow a personal injury attorney to argue the amount of money you should receive for pain and suffering.
- Additional Costs: With any injury there are additional costs that you may have in order to maintain quality of life. Those expenses may be something as small as extra gas to make it to your doctors to larger expenses like renovating your home to accommodate wheelchairs.If you have additional expenses that revolve around your injury, your settlement should cover those as well.
Car accidents are difficult times. Don’t try to defend yourself against major insurance companies. Hire a Bucks Country Car Accident Attorney to help you through the court process.